9. GOVERNING LAW. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida without regard to its conflict of laws principles to the extent that such principles would require the application of laws other than the laws of the State of Florida. Venue for any action brought hereunder shall be exclusively in Broward County, Florida and the parties hereto waive any claim that such forum is inconvenient.
10. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties hereto with respect to the subject matter hereof and, upon its effectiveness, shall supersede all prior agreements, understandings and arrangements, both oral and written, between the Executive and the Company (or any of its affiliates) with respect to such subject matter. This Agreement may not be modified in any way unless by written instrument signed by both the Company and the Executive.
11. NOTICES. All notices required or permitted to be given hereunder shall be in writing and shall be personally delivered by courier, sent by registered or certified mail, return receipt requested or sent by confirmed facsimile transmission addressed as set forth herein. Notices personally delivered, sent by facsimile or sent by overnight courier shall be deemed given on the date of delivery and notices mailed in accordance with the foregoing shall be deemed given upon the earlier of receipt by the addressee, as evidenced by the return receipt thereof, or three (3) days after deposit in the U.S. mail. Notice shall be sent (i) if to the Company, addressed to its President at Newport Center Plaza, 1239 East Newport Center Drive, Suite 101, Deerfield Beach, Florida 33442 with a copy to Sader & LeMaire, P.A., 1901 West Cypress Creek Road, Suite 415, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33309, Attention: Robert L. Sader, Esquire, and (ii) if to the Executive, to his address as reflected on the payroll records of the Company, or to such other address as either party hereto may from time to time give notice of to the other.
12. BENEFITS; BINDING EFFECT. This Agreement shall be for the benefit of and binding upon the parties hereto and their respective heirs, personal representatives, legal representatives, successors and, where applicable, assigns, including, without limitation, any successor to the Company, whether by merger, consolidation, sale of stock, sale of assets or otherwise.
13. SEVERABILITY. The invalidity of any one or more of the words, phrases, sentences, clauses or sections contained in this Agreement shall not affect the enforceability of the remaining portions of this Agreement or any part thereof. If any invalidity is caused by length of time or size of area, or both, the otherwise invalid provision will be considered to be reduced to a period or area which would cure such invalidity.
14. WAIVER. The waiver by either party hereto of a breach or violation of any term or provision of this Agreement shall not operate nor be construed as a waiver of any subsequent breach or violation.
15. CONSTRUCTION. This Agreement shall be construed without regard to any presumption or other rule requiring construction against the party causing the drafting hereof, each party having been given the opportunity to be represented by counsel of their choice in connection with the negotiation of this Agreement.
16. SECTION HEADINGS. The section headings contained in this Agreement are for reference purposes only and shall not affect in any way the meaning or interpretation of this Agreement.
17. SINGULAR, PLURAL; GENDER. Whenever used herein, nouns in the singular shall include the plural, and the masculine pronoun shall include the feminine gender.
18. NO THIRD PARTY BENEFICIARY. Nothing expressed or implied in this Agreement is intended or shall be construed, to confer upon or give any person other than the Company, the parties hereto and their respective heirs, personal representatives, legal representatives, successors and permitted assigns, any rights or remedies under or by reason of this Agreement.
19. EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK; OTHER INSTRUMENTS. The provisions of this Agreement shall, to the extent of any conflict, supercede and take precedence over any provisions of the Companys employee handbook, as it exists from time to time, or any other existing or future agreements or instruments pertaining to or governing the rights and obligations of the parties to one another insofar as permissible under applicable laws.